The Cape Cod Hydrangea Festival is an annual celebration of the region's blue, pink, and white signature flowers! This ten day festival's main attractions are the daily tours of private gardens, each designed and maintained by the individual homeowners and carrying a unique charm. You are sure to enjoy such eclectic spaces, not to mention the good feeling of supporting a variety of local nonprofits.
Gardens are only one part of the festival. Enjoy workshops and lectures presented by leading international horticulturalists, discover promotions at participating nurseries and home centers, take a class to learn proper hydrangea pruning techniques, or even watch a painting demonstration by renowned Cape Cod artists both in-studio and in the gardens themselves. Garden tours are $5 per person per garden. Each garden is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and only on the days specified. All garden tours are rain or shine and nonrefundable.
2017 Nonprofit Participants:
- Alzheimer's Family Caregiver Support Center
- Barnstable Education Foundation
- Cape Cod Hospital Auxiliary - Orleans Branch
- Cape Cod Hydrangea Society
- Cape Cod Museum of Natural History
- Cape Cod Synagogue Food Pantry
- Chatham Garden Club
- Eastham Library Building Fund
- Garden Club of Harwich
- Harwich Historical Society
- Housing Assitance Corporation
- Heritage Museums & Gardens ***
- Highfield Hall & Gardens ***
- Master Gardener Association of Cape Cod
- Orleans Improvement Association
- Provincetown Art Association and Museum ***
- Thornton W. Burgess Society Green Briar Nature Center
- West Dennis Garden Club
Garden tours are $5 per person per garden. Each garden is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and only on the days specified. All garden tours are rain or shine and nonrefundable.
*** = Different prices apply
If you're interested in participating during the 2018 Cape Cod Hydrangea Festival by hosting a garden tour, offering a promotion at your business, becoming a sponsor, please visit this page.
Non profits and gardeners who want to participate in 2018 Cape Cod Hydrangea Festival, contact [email protected].
Own this 2017 Hydrangea Festival Keepsake Poster commemorating the third annual year, featuring a vibrant water color of an actual Cape Cod Garden scene by Harwich artist, Susan A. Hollis. Click here to order >
Own this 2016 Keepsake Hydrangea Festival Poster commemorating the second annual year, featuring a contemporary realist oil painting of signature blue mophead hydrangeas by artist Julia O’Malley-Keyes. Click here to order.
The Cape Cod Hydrangea Festival 2015 Keepsake Poster is available to purchase at our online store.