Joyce Zavorskas-Monotype/Painterly Print
- 154 Crowell Road, Chatham, MA 02633
- Dates: Dates vary between June 2, 2023 - June 4, 2023
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: Creative Arts Center in Chatham, Inc.
- Time: 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Price: Price: $175 members/ $185 non members + $40 Materials fee (includes ink, paper, modifiers, rollers, etc)
Students create painterly spontaneous images on smooth acrylic plates using small rubber brayers, brushes, and oil base etiching ink. Dampened 100% rag paper placed on top of the inked plate, and passed through the press with gentle pressure, produces a unique impression that is intimately and permanently bonded with the fibers of the paper. The glistening layers of radinat ink create truly unique images with depth, mystery, memory and delight. Demonstrations each day including chine colle, viscosity, and trace monotype will encourage individual explorations. Clean-up with be baby oil or Gamsol. Bring resource images or sketches to class.
Beginner to advanced students are welcome. Limited to 5 students.
Class held at Zavorskas Print Studio in S. Orleans near Quanset Pond and Pleasant Bay.